Monday, November 07, 2011

NEW BOOK FROM STERLING HUNDLEY


Award winning illustrator Sterling Hundley has come out with a collection of his art, Blue Collar / White Collar.


The book melds Hundley's commercial illustration, his gallery art, and his thoughts on working "between the demands of  Blue Collar ethic and the ambitions of a White Collar aesthetic."
 

Readers may recall that I admire Hundley's talent, his enthusiasm for nurturing young artists, and his thoughtful efforts to adapt to the circumstances confronting a 21st century artist. Many illustrators talk about diversifying and selling "fine" art to gallery audiences, but Hundley is one who seems to have pulled it off.  I was pleased to be asked to write the introduction for his book.

This compact volume (6" x 9") includes revealing preliminary sketches for some of his better known works.


I recommend that you check it out.

13 Comments:

Anonymous MORAN said...

Hundley is one of the best of the current illustrators. I wondered what he has been working on lately.

11/07/2011 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Graham Yarrington said...

I went to his lecture at the society as you recommended. He had a lot of interesting things to say, and when I had the pleasure of talking with him before the lecture he was the nicest guy. This is definitely a good book to own.

11/07/2011 12:23 PM  
Blogger Stan Shaw said...

Usually introductions are never a selling point with me. But I want to get a copy of this book, and I'd love to here what you have to say.

11/07/2011 12:32 PM  
Blogger kalonji said...

i'll get my copy straight ASAP !!

11/07/2011 10:04 PM  
Blogger António Araújo said...

Pre-ordered it.

Are you happy now, David? You made me break my austerity vows :((

11/07/2011 10:22 PM  
Blogger Amarjeet Prasad said...

I have introduced a lot of friends look at this article, the content of the articles there will be a lot of attractive people to appreciate, I have to thank you for such an article.
Paintings

11/08/2011 11:35 PM  
Blogger Hart said...

jimi hendrix good ones,i love it..

11/09/2011 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Daniel Zalkus said...

Hart-

I thought that was Prince?

11/09/2011 1:41 PM  
Blogger Amarjeet Prasad said...

It's a interesting news,i like it.Additionally,wellcome to my website
Paintings

11/10/2011 7:27 AM  
Blogger Steffen Hansson said...

The last painting is something else. Love how much weird depth he can get with the dress.

11/11/2011 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I want it for those sketches and notes pages! Loved his work for a long time myself and have had some great dealings with him myself. If I can get the cash together, I might have to get this one! Oh, and as for the Hendrix/Prince? Sad to say, he didn't nail EITHER of them, if either one was who he was trying to capture.

Ken Meyer Jr.

11/13/2011 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Analie Casuncad said...

My brother, Jowen loved Sterling Hundley's books. Well some of them but I didn't. I'm not much in awe like his to such craft. I love anime rather.

11/14/2011 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Pontiac Solstice Turbo said...

You have really done a great work to share the hidden art of the great man. It is really a nice work by them. Thanks a lot for this

11/19/2011 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home